WWF and IUCN Outdoor Activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ventoux - Baronnnies

+3
ToF
Muffin
Gael
7 posters

Go down

Ventoux - Baronnnies Empty Ventoux - Baronnnies

Post  Gael Thu May 06, 2010 3:51 pm

Hey,

BACKGROUND
To spend three days altogether in the most beautiful region of the entire world, Provence, and go climbing, cycling, paragliding, drinking, eating, swimming, etc-ing...

WHEN
22-23-24 of May 2010 (departure on 21st)

WHERE
http://maps.google.fr/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=geneve,+suisse&daddr=Route+inconnue&hl=fr&geocode=FaIDwQIdN7BdACkZxCPUs2SMRzGlbyXG73tfSw%3BFTIZowId2RlRAA&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=17&sll=44.242471,5.316632&sspn=0.005388,0.009645&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=17

Very nice and eco-friendly place!!!

NEXT STEPS
I need to know asap how many persons are interested in coming to that week end in the South of France in order to book the rooms. For those who may want to stay in their vans, I believe it is possible. Price per person would be 10 euros a night with access to kitchen and bathrooms. We will need to bring sleeping bags and bed sheets to make it easier for the guys there.

LOGISTICS
I suggest leaving on Friday 21st in the afternoon in order to be able to start the whole circus from Saturday morning early. What do you think? Anyone interested in organizing cars (google docs), etc?

Gael

Back to top Go down

Ventoux - Baronnnies Empty Re: Ventoux - Baronnnies

Post  Muffin Thu May 06, 2010 4:00 pm

Elm and Laure should be coming. Sorry extra pressed with work for further organisation. We'll prob stay in the van.
Muffin
Muffin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/turtle_danger/sets/

Back to top Go down

Post  ToF Thu May 06, 2010 4:10 pm

:-( I will not be available on the weekend 21-22 may because I am at the 24h Finale Ligure race !

And on 20th of june, I am in Dignes for a moutain bike race. But I would be happy to join you on saturday in the Diois !

ToF

ToF

Back to top Go down

Post  FannyA Fri May 07, 2010 12:00 am

Sounds great. Didier and I are in!

C est trop cool,
Fanny

FannyA

Back to top Go down

Ventoux - Baronnnies Empty One more geko

Post  Ze Tal Fri May 07, 2010 12:59 am

Hoyaou ! (A mix between Hello Hola and yahoo...),

I Opt-in :-) for the 22-24, Do we have to meet for synch all this story ans stuff ?

Ze Tal

Back to top Go down

Ventoux - Baronnnies Empty Meeting?

Post  Gael Fri May 07, 2010 4:47 pm

On my side, between business trips and holidays, it will be difficult to meet before the date...
We can probably sort out things via the forum and a few google docs ;-)))

Gael

Back to top Go down

Ventoux - Baronnnies Empty baronnies

Post  Val Mon May 10, 2010 10:45 pm

Gerard and Val are in!

Diego, Gaël, Fanny, Didier, ... take your bikes... The mythical Ventoux is waiting for us!

Looking forward to share this WE with you all,

Cheers,

Valerie

Val

Back to top Go down

Post  Gael Tue May 11, 2010 12:29 am

Here is the list of people having confirmed they ll come...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnDtEDC4f8bzdERfQkdHcUNsa0ZRMWVFV2lCMUdtWlE&hl=en

Feel free to add, edit this google doc...

Gael

Gael

Back to top Go down

Ventoux - Baronnnies Empty One more geko

Post  Ze Tal Tue May 11, 2010 12:30 am

Ok, let's help Gaël as time get streched day after day ! I propose to reuse the Google Doc from Vince's party, I will empty it, and feel free to add columns as ever...

Google Maps documents (from email already received)

--

- Can we plan to have food for the first day with us + breakfast (I think about bread, milk, eggs, basic food and a reserve of fruits and vegetables). Fill the spreadsheet so we can evaluate the quantities. Gaël knows maybe better what we will found there ? Food, grocery...

- How many rooms are available there and how much do we need ? (couples, single or double beds ?)

--
- Someone has the topos for climbing ?

Ok, help welcome, infos, etc... I know that nobody has time to do it :-) I don't have any too !

Ze Tal

Back to top Go down

Post  Ze Tal Tue May 11, 2010 12:55 am

Sorry, my lnk was cut from the post...

Ze Tal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Tal Tue May 11, 2010 1:46 am

The Tal

Back to top Go down

Ventoux - Baronnnies Empty Update

Post  Gael Tue May 11, 2010 11:17 pm

I am going to be away from internet till Monday so here is a quick update...

The persons who confirmed are: Claire, Diego, Didier, Fanny, Elma, Laurent, Matt B, Elise B, Gerard, Valerie, Tal, Carole, Matt Wilkinson, Ann, Zosia, Matt, Ashwini and I. Let me know before Wednesday afternoon if I forgot someone or if someone else wants to join us. I will book the rooms on Wednesday evening.

We need to get some food for dinner on Friday evening and breakfast for Saturday morning. The place where we stay is isolated, no groceries, no shops, etc. On Saturday, we can do some grocery shopping for the following days.

Please check the google doc to let everyone know whether you have a car, climbing equipment, etc: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnDtEDC4f8bzdERfQkdHcUNsa0ZRMWVFV2lCMUdtWlE&hl=en

Dont forget your swimming suit!!!

Gael

Back to top Go down

Post  zosia Sat May 15, 2010 8:39 pm

Thanks for the update Gael. Matt and I are planning on driving down first thing Sat AM. I added a column in the spreadsheet for phone numbers so we can all get in touch. Is there a contact person at the training centre in case we arrive at different times? Should we bring sleeping bags, mats etc? We will bring a bunch of breakfast and lunch stuff, and something to contribute to group dinners Sat and Sunday (probably stop on the way down for groceries).

Does anyone have topos or books that cover the climbing in area? We have a good map for cycling Ventoux, thinking we will do this as a loop from Plaisans on Sunday. Any other takers? Valerie and Gerrard what is your plan?
Looking forward!
Zosia

zosia

Back to top Go down

Post  The Tal Mon May 17, 2010 12:36 pm

- I have ordered a topo guide for Baronnies, will receive it those next days I think...

- For the first evening, something easy to cook, like a giant eggs "omelette" with vegetables and fruits ?
- for the first breakfast, I suggset to do pancakes following Carole's receipt Very Happy
- Everybody takes a personal 1 day lunch-pack to be secure, and after we can shop for the "community"

The Tal

Back to top Go down

Ventoux - Baronnnies Empty From Dunkerque

Post  Gael Mon May 17, 2010 11:16 pm

Hey Outdoor Bunch,

Hopefully the last long email…

It will take us a good 5 hours to drive down to Plaisians as we may meet a bit of heavy traffic due to the long week-end. We are now 21 persons. We will have 4-5 private double-rooms, and the rest of us will sleep in dormitories (or van). I agreed with the gites manager that we would bring our own bed sheet and sleeping bags/blankets so it is less work for them and cheaper for us. Bring also your towels, etc.

Re departure time: it seems that some will leave on Thursday, some on Friday at different times and some on Saturday. I would like to leave with the first car going south on Friday in order to meet with the gites managers early. For now, I have booked with Didier and Fanny but if anyone leaves earlier than 4 PM from Gland, please let me know. Re sharing cars, please check the google doc and check where there is space that suits you best: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnDtEDC4f8bzdERfQkdHcUNsa0ZRMWVFV2lCMUdtWlE&hl=en

Here again is the link to the place in case you need it: http://maps.google.fr/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=geneve,+suisse&daddr=Route+inconnue&hl=fr&geocode=FaIDwQIdN7BdACkZxCPUs2SMRzGlbyXG73tfSw;FTIZowId2RlRAA&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=17&sll=44.242471,5.316632&sspn=0.005388,0.009645&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=17

I have asked a climber there to leave a topo for the week-end but not sure she will be able to do so. Tal has ordered a topo too. We should have wifi access in the gites but you never know as it is a “radio” based internet.

Re food: we should take enough food for dinner on Friday evening and breakfast on Saturday morning, we will buy the rest in one of the marchés provençaux on Saturday morning. The gites is a bit high and it can get chilly in the evenings/nights. Bring your swimming suit too as there is a natural pool.

See you,

Gael

Gael

Back to top Go down

Ventoux - Baronnnies Empty Food from 22h

Post  CaroleII Tue May 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Hello,

I'll buy some pasta, cheese and vegies for the dinner on Friday, but will only arrive at around 22h... and stuff to make pancakes on Saturday.
Please bring some maple sirup, marmelade, honey, dulce de leche, nutella, etc.

Bisous bisous

CaroleII

Back to top Go down

Ventoux - Baronnnies Empty car

Post  Claire W Wed May 19, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi,
Diego and i are still looking for a ride to get there, ie Gland to Plaisians (to return we are OK...we'll have a car)
Carole may be able to take us. But if someone has a big car with space left, let us know.
Diego is thinking of bringing his bike.
Merci Smile

Claire W

Back to top Go down

Post  mb Fri May 21, 2010 12:17 am

we'll be there, though maybe taking it a bit cool.

we've got a topo (amazing what you can find on the top shelf of the bookshelf - don't remember if I've actually climbed there before) and will bring a spare rope for diego.

Elise would quite appreciate a room.

we'll be arriving sat morning (staying in grenoble friday to not stretch the 2 hours at a stretch driving limit too much)

see you there

mb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum