WWF and IUCN Outdoor Activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea for a week-end - Walking to Grammont

Go down

Idea for a week-end - Walking to Grammont Empty Idea for a week-end - Walking to Grammont

Post  Gael Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:39 am

Hi There,

If you don’t know what to do on a week-end, you could go to lac de Taney which is just at the bottom of Grammont. To see where this is, just enter these GPS coordinates in Google Earth (46°21'27.01"N 6°49'15.86"E).

To get there, you can take a train to Villeneuve and then a bus up to Le Flon (very small village at about 1000 AMSL) – it is about 1h30 from Lausanne. From Le Flon, it is a one hour walk to Lac de Taney (1450 AMSL) and then less than two hours to go to Grammont (2150 AMSL). If you walk fast you can go up to Grammont in just 2 hours.

The lake area is very nice, the water is beautiful but cold, you can camp on the banks or rent a room or flat in one of the many nice wooden hotels/buildings. There are a few restaurants too.

I went there just to go paragliding from Grammont but I guess it is a nice place to spend a day or two and go for walks around the lake or up to Grammont and some other peaks.

I hope you will enjoy this one,

Gael

Gael

Back to top Go down

Idea for a week-end - Walking to Grammont Empty paragliding sounds interesting

Post  Ed Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:04 pm

The paragliding sounds verry interesting. Can you say more about that?

Ed

Back to top Go down

Idea for a week-end - Walking to Grammont Empty Paragliding

Post  Gael Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:29 pm

Hi Ed,

Taking off from Grammont; south-west slope, a bit tricky as you need to turn on the right immediately after taking off as the edge are quite close. Then impossible that day to get any thermals. I initially planned to land in St Gingolph and get a bus from there to Villeneuve and while flying I realized I could probably cross the Vallée du Rhône and land on the official landing in Villeneuve. I havent done a single turn from the top to Villeneuve and landed right on the official landing. Need a decent glider (8,5 finesse). If I remember it right; you can take off SW, S (tb confirmed) and NW and maybe N. The S might be tricky as you might be after a few mn in the rotors from the mountain in front of Grammont unless you can go up immediately...

Who are you Ed? Are you a pilot?

Cheers,

Gael

Gael

Back to top Go down

Idea for a week-end - Walking to Grammont Empty Re: Idea for a week-end - Walking to Grammont

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down