WWF and IUCN Outdoor Activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gastlosen (alpes vaudoises): week-end 18 July

Go down

Gastlosen (alpes vaudoises): week-end 18 July Empty Gastlosen (alpes vaudoises): week-end 18 July

Post  elise Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:09 pm

Gastlosen is a secret place... a beautiful place in the Alpes Vaudoises, not far from Bulle and Gruyère, with alpine meadows, limestone cliffs, mountain flowers and delicious cheese producing cows ! Razz

We are planning to go there for the week-end of July 18th, coming up on Saturday afternoon, sleeping at the hut (Chalet des Soldats), and spending the Sunday there for hiking and climbing.

It is about a 2h drive from Nyon and then a 45 min/ 1h hike into the hut. So it is also possible for a 1 day trip, but it involves more transportation time for less time on site.
From the hut, there are plenty of opportunities for hiking, climbing (all levels, from beginners site 15 min away from the hut including for kids, to 1-day long traverse), mountain biking, and most likely paragliding.

Only about 10 spots left in the hut, so better to book now if you want to join: (see contacts, photos, access map)
Tél. : 026 929 82 35
Portable : 079 697 26 22
e.mail : info@chaletdusoldat.ch

Hope to see you there !
Elise & Matt
+41 79 278 48 90
+41 79 278 48 75

elise

Back to top Go down

Gastlosen (alpes vaudoises): week-end 18 July Empty Re: Gastlosen (alpes vaudoises): week-end 18 July

Post  Muffin Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:38 pm

I'm with you on this one! I will not know, prob until last minute how I will go about it. Would certainly like to sleep there. I might come Saturday, go back down to Montreux for Sat night, shoot Prince if available, then come back up to sleep... or just come up on Sunday. I'll have my bivi, or will go with someone in the tent if chalet spot not available at short notice.
Muffin
Muffin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/turtle_danger/sets/

Back to top Go down