WWF and IUCN Outdoor Activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bike race in Italy - 23-24 May '09 - looking for team members!

3 posters

Go down

Bike race in Italy - 23-24 May '09 - looking for team members! Empty Bike race in Italy - 23-24 May '09 - looking for team members!

Post  valeriedurst Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:48 am

Hi everyone,

Are you in for something fun, different and active? Join us for a 24 hour bike race!!!

Here is the basic information that will convince you not to miss out on this opportunity:

what: 24-hour bike race in Italy (link to the official website of the race)

where: Finale Ligure, Italy. It's 4.5 hours from Gland, by the sea!!! (link to Ligure on google maps)

when: May 23rd, 13:00 to May 24th, 13:00. It's Ascension weekend so we plan to spend a few more days in the region!

who: anyone who's out for a fun time with some action! We're not taking part to win, it's more about having fun. We need to be multiples of 4 per team - up to 12. Maybe we can have a "cycling pandas" team - after the "flying pandas" at the Escalade in Geneva? :-)

costs: the registration for the race costs 59 EUR per person. We can look at transportation costs once we have a better idea of who is interested. Plus the cost for accommodation locally if and as required. Additionally (but DON'T let this put you off!) we need to provide a medical statement confirming that we are fit to take part in such a race. This is generally costly in Switzerland but we could hop over to France and get one for the cost of 20 EUR. We'll find a way to do this - once again, don't let this make you change your mind!

accommodation: for those who want to stay longer, maybe a nice "gîte panda" in the countryside - there are three in the region: (link to fattiroe del panda accommodation)

transport: we will probably be going by car. Gaël is currently checking with Kona bikes if they could take our bikes down with their equipment, as they will be taking part.

Interested? First come, first served!

Valerie and Gaël

valeriedurst

Back to top Go down

Bike race in Italy - 23-24 May '09 - looking for team members! Empty Re: Bike race in Italy - 23-24 May '09 - looking for team members!

Post  Muffin Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:25 pm

This sounds interesting. Even more so as Finale Liguria has good climbing areas that I wanted to visit. My suggestion would be to combine the two. I might be more in favour of camping out near the rocks... Being near the sea is fantastic!

I am not so sure if I'd want to have my face painted panda-style, like you come out of a fight with black eye, nor wear a panda suit on the bike. Panda T-shirts would do just fine.
Muffin
Muffin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/turtle_danger/sets/

Back to top Go down

Bike race in Italy - 23-24 May '09 - looking for team members! Empty Re: Bike race in Italy - 23-24 May '09 - looking for team members!

Post  ToF Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:41 am

Hello everyone,

I would be very interested in participating in this race and have fun ! I have already done some races like this in the north east of France (les crapauds) for the one who knows. And I really like the ambiance of this type of race. It is always a great moment.

I would prefer camping also for the nights !! It is always more fun and more exotic !

ToF

ToF

Back to top Go down

Post  valeriedurst Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately we dropped this idea... Our favourite one-legged Gael will not be able to cycle just yet and I found out today that I will have a German exam on May 23rd, the day of the race! Maybe next year... and I', sure that there will be other fun opportunities over the coming months - such as the bike to work month!

Elma was interested though - maybe you want to form a new team?

Best,
Val

valeriedurst

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down