WWF and IUCN Outdoor Activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sailing in the Adriatic, Croatia, September

3 posters

Go down

Sailing in the Adriatic, Croatia, September Empty Sailing in the Adriatic, Croatia, September

Post  Muffin Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:36 am

My friend Davor has recently done a hitch-hike over the Atlantic, in a boat. And now he wants to do some more sailing.... I'm helping him organise a sailing trip in Croatia this September. I thought many of you would be interested and I would absolutely love to share these moments with you.

He took a week's long sailing trip last year in the area and has done a good recky. Both me and Davor also know the area and have some local connections.

What to do there: Sail, visit lovely islands and national parks, swim and climb. For cultural outings there are the fantastic historical port towns of Dubrovnik and Split. For remote and unspoilt areas there are Mljet island NP (been there last year, it's pretty wild), Kornati Islands NP, Pakleni Otoci (near Hvar), mysterious island of Vis. For climbing there are infinitive deep water bouldering options and also some known official climbing areas (Paklenice, Omis, Hvar).

September is a good month to go because it is still warm and there are less tourists, and also apparently some tuna migration happens at this time too, so we could observe that.

Logistics
Dates: 11-25 September
Duration: 1-2 weeks
Cost: around 350-400eur per person for boat rental, for a week.
Getting there: from Geneva there are Easy Jet flights that go to Split. At mo tickets are 200fr return (10-18Sept flights). Perhaps a better option would be to pile up in two cars.
Boat size - at the moment these estimates are based on boat that takes 8 people

Please let me know ASAP if you are interested to do this. Payments or at least strong commitments would have to be collected fairly early due to making sure we can pay for the boat rental.

Looking forwards to hearing from you, and hoping many would say 'Yes!' to this new outdoors adventure!
Muffin
Muffin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/turtle_danger/sets/

Back to top Go down

Sailing in the Adriatic, Croatia, September Empty Re: Sailing in the Adriatic, Croatia, September

Post  Muffin Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:48 am

Oh, p.s. - a great mountain to jump off from with the glider would be Biokovo - it rises nearly 2000m right off the sea, in Dalmatia
Muffin
Muffin

Back to top Go down

Sailing in the Adriatic, Croatia, September Empty Re: Sailing in the Adriatic, Croatia, September

Post  Julie G Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:23 pm

Tentative yes from Julie and Matt! we love sailing! Elma, we'll need to talk to you about whether it would be possible to come just for one week instead of two - will depend on the itinerary I guess - 2nd week may be better for us.

A sailing/climbing trip is a wonderful idea Smile

-julie

Julie G

Back to top Go down

Post  Muffin Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:25 pm

In fact I forgot to mention - it would normally be for one week, but with an option to do two weeks.

Please state your preferred week:
11-18 September
18-25 September
Muffin
Muffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Tue May 04, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi Elma,
as mentioned, this sounds really good so count me in. No preferences at this stage for the best week/s.
Would it be feasible/interesting to hire a people-carrier & drive down ?

Cheers

Mattie

Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum