WWF and IUCN Outdoor Activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ski touring at La Dole and Fondue - Learning week

3 posters

Go down

Ski touring at La Dole and Fondue - Learning week Empty Ski touring at La Dole and Fondue - Learning week

Post  Gael Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 am

Dear Colleagues,

Welcome to the IUCN/WWF outdoor forum...

On Wednesday 3rd of Feb, as part of the "WWF learning week" I will organize a ski touring evening to La Dole. The idea is to go up to La Dole (the big antenna near Saint Cergue on Jura) ski touring (skis with "peaux") and to have a fondue together around there. We will start from La Givrine probably around 5.30 and it takes about 1h30/2h to go up and 10 mn to go down ;-(
This route is quite easy as we will follow the ski slopes to go up and down...

The evening is open to people who have their own ski touring equipment (special bindings, peaux, no need for ARVA, etc) and know how to use it. Feel free to come with partners and/or non WWF people. Please let me know who comes by Wednesday 27 of January in order to book the restaurant and organize logistics, please let me know whether you have a car we could use to go to La Givrine.

If some of you are interested in joining for the fondue but dont have ski touring equipment (only hiking shoes or snowhoes), please let me know and based on the number of people we will try to organize another group who can go snowshoeing/hiking until we all meet for the fondue. The restaurant for the fondue is 5/10 mn from the place where we will park.

Please bear in mind, that everything is subject to the weather conditions and to the number of people interested in going.

Feel free to contact me would you need further information (gleopold (at) wwfint.org).

Gael

Gael

Back to top Go down

Ski touring at La Dole and Fondue - Learning week Empty Re: Ski touring at La Dole and Fondue - Learning week

Post  ToF Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:45 pm

I will be part of it ! cheers

ToF

Back to top Go down

Ski touring at La Dole and Fondue - Learning week Empty Re: Ski touring at La Dole and Fondue - Learning week

Post  ToF Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:15 am

with Ceo ! cat alien affraid geek farao flower

ToF

Back to top Go down

Post  Elise Bu Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:15 am

We'll try to join, if weather conditions are ok; 5:30 a bit early, but we could join for fondue ? Elise & MAtt

Elise Bu

Back to top Go down

Post  Val Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:19 pm

I'm in!

Thanks for organizing,

Valerie

Val

Back to top Go down

Ski touring at La Dole and Fondue - Learning week Empty Update - Monday evening

Post  Gael Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:44 am

Dear All,

The weather forecast is kind of OK for Wednesday evening. It will be windy (and cold) but not completely cloudy… http://www.meteocentrale.ch/?day=2&wp_uni=S067020&id=swiss&L=0

We will have two groups:

Ski touring: Matthew W, Valerie B, Sophie M, Elise B and I + non WWF = Matt B, Basile (ex-WWF-Fr), Christophe and Cecilia, Vincent and one friend, Fanny (ex-WWF) and Didier, Julie G. Judy Slatyer and Jim Leape still need to confirm. Total = 16 persons.

Snowshoeing: Celine Beaulieu and her daughter, Ashwini, and Simon. Total = 4 persons.

I booked a table for 20 persons at the restaurant LA TRELASSE for 19.30 under “Gael”: http://www.latrelasse.ch/refuge.htm.

I suggest gathering at the entrance of the main WWF building around 5.00 in order to leave at 5.30 maximum. The two groups could start together towards La Dôle but snowshoers may return towards La Trélasse when they reach the restaurant Cuvaloup as if they go to the top they would have to walk down after which is quite long.

Could people let me know who has a car and how many people can fit in it (both ways)?

Equipment: skiers should bring their own skiing equipment which should include a headlight (to go down). Showshoers should bring their “raquettes” even though you could also walk in regular hiking shoes (not recommended but possible) and a headlight. Ideally, if some people could bring some sledges it would be great.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions, and please let me know if you change your mind as I have booked for the restaurant.

See you,

Gael

Gael

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down