WWF and IUCN Outdoor Activities Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Climbing on Tuesday July 28th in St Georges

4 posters

Go down

Climbing on Tuesday July 28th in St Georges Empty Climbing on Tuesday July 28th in St Georges

Post  elise Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:58 pm

Hello !

After the pétanque, terrific mountain competition in Cran-Montana and beach volley, it is time for a rock-climbing outing, next Tuesday, meeting up at 5:30 at IUCN reception to go up to Saint Georges.
I'll have a car and can take up to 3 people. Let me know if you are coming by Monday, and if you are coming with a car, and we'll arrange car pools.

This spot has some easy routes which are perfect for beginners, as well as some more challenging bouldering.

Bring some snacks for pique-nique, and if you have them harness, climbing shoes, rope, helmet and quick draws.
I'll bring some extra gear and we will be able to switch, but bring what you have if you have gear.

Let's hope the sun will be shining ! if not, we will move it to the following week.

Cheers
Elise
+41 79 278 48 90

elise

Back to top Go down

Climbing on Tuesday July 28th in St Georges Empty I'm on!

Post  Carole Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:53 pm

C'est partiiiiii!! Yes, yes, je serai là (et Tal nous rejoindra).

Vous êtes bien rentré hier? J'était tellement fatiguée sur l'autoroute, j'ai du lutter pour rejoindre Lausanne sans manger la glissière de sécurité... mais suis arrivée en un morceau. ;o) Morceau tout prêt à aller grimper (pas ce weekend, mais la semaine prochaine, bien volontiers!).

Bisous et bonne journée,
Carole

Carole

Back to top Go down

Climbing on Tuesday July 28th in St Georges Empty Re: Climbing on Tuesday July 28th in St Georges

Post  FannyA Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:29 pm

That's a great plan!
I am coming. Unfortunately I do not have a car! So if I can come with you Elise, or somebody else, it would be great!
Fanny

FannyA

Back to top Go down

Climbing on Tuesday July 28th in St Georges Empty Great

Post  SarahB Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:37 pm

Thanks Elma. This will be my first try at climbing so looking forward to it, hope I can borrow your spare shoes, and if anyone has a spare harness for Ste and I to use that would be great,

S.

SarahB

Back to top Go down

Climbing on Tuesday July 28th in St Georges Empty Extra Equipment

Post  Muffin Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:19 pm

If anyone has extra spare equipment, please bring it - I have spare shoes only which I will give to Sarah to use cause she is size 38.

Bring ropes everyone - Carole, I think your 30m rope will do good too. The weather outlook: sunny tomorrow evening.

If you are reading this and not coming... we could probably do with your harness / shoes - so if you can it would be great to bring it to work tomorrow. Thanks!

You can also rent shoes / harness at the SB Sports here in Gland.
Muffin
Muffin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/turtle_danger/sets/

Back to top Go down

Climbing on Tuesday July 28th in St Georges Empty Re: Climbing on Tuesday July 28th in St Georges

Post  elise Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:25 pm

Hey, great ! see you tomorrow then !
I will be leaving IUCN reception around 17:45 and those who need a ride are welcome to join us, I have 3 spots in the car.
We'll bring extra gear.
CU there !
Elise

elise

Back to top Go down

Climbing on Tuesday July 28th in St Georges Empty Climbing in St George

Post  Val Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:29 pm

Can't do it tomorrow. Sad

Have fun!!!

Val

Val

Back to top Go down

Post  FannyA Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:30 pm

Holy cow, I can't make it today!

Next time,

Fanny

FannyA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down